The Wye Valley offers a unique landscape with a fascinating history with so much to see and so much to do.
Get Out and About
The beauty of the Wye Valley inspires throughout the year, and the secret to its irresistible attraction lies in its quiet wooded glades, peaceful riverside pathways, spectacular viewpoints and towering historic ruins. All these, as well as intriguing local churches, picturesque villages and historic market towns, guarantee a wealth of attractions for the visitor.
Visitors to the area can obtain further information about places to visit, events and attractions by contacting one of the Tourist Information Centres serving the area, or by using the links provided to Tourism Associations and local and regional tourism websites.
Tourist Information Centres
You can contact the local Tourist Information Centres
Chepstow Castle Car Park, Bridge Street, Chepstow, Monmouthshire. NP16 5EY
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +44 (0)1291 623772
Fax : +44 (0)1291 628004
The Shire Hall, Agincourt Square, Monmouth NP25 3DY
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 44 (0)1600 775257
Swan House, Edde Cross Street
Ross-on-Wye HR9 7BZ
Tel: 44(0)1989 562768
Fax: 44(0)1989 565057
Discover Herefordshire Centre
1 King Street, HerefordHR4 9BW
tel: 44 (0)1432 268430
fax: 44 (0)1432 342662
Please ring ahead to check opening times.
Useful publications available from local Tourist Information Centres or donloadable from websites include:
• Wye Valley Map and Guide Free
• Walk this Wye, produced by the Wye Valley AONB unit: £2
• Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Attractions and Activities, produced by the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Tourism Association: Free and downloadable from website
• Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Eating Out Guide, produced by the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Tourism Association: Free and downloadable from website
• Explore Herefordshire: produced by Visit Herefordshire. Free order from website
The Tourism Associations operating in the area are:
Wales Tourist Board (for Monmouthshire)
Capital Region Tourism (for Monmouthshire)
Heart of England Tourism (for Herefordshire)
South West Tourism (for Gloucestershire and Forest of Dean)